Saturday, February 1, 2014

Felt Ball Mobile


I had visions of this mobile dancing above Ollie's crib when he wasn't yet born, and well into his second year, I finally got it made. 


Making it was fairly simple. I just gathered some fallen branches from our backyard, soaked them in bleach, and let them dry.


Then, I cut them to the sizes I wanted, and laid them out in a general mobile shape.
 

I used embroidery floss to sting the felted wool balls, and tied them to the branches, using triple knots and securing them with glue so it's nice and strong.


And then I hung it with a piece of leather cord, and let my little guy enjoy it. Finally.

8 comments:

  1. it's beautiful! felt balls are such eye candy, this is a perfect way to show them off.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's brilliant!! Love the colors! You're kind of a magician when it comes to colors...

    ReplyDelete
  3. love the idea of bleaching wood! I am also behind kid projects, I have a quilt that's been cut out for 1.5 years now...maybe some day!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is fantastic and I love all the colours. I wanted to make felt ball garland for our xmas tree this year but didn't get a chance. Seeing these strung up in a mobile is so fun, makes me smile too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love it! And yay for finishing things that have been sitting in your brain for years (literally). Also, yay for blogging. :D

    ReplyDelete
  6. How did you hang it from the ceiling? About how long is the leather cord from ceiling to mobile?

    ReplyDelete
  7. How long did you soak the wood and what dilution did you use? It's exactly what I am wanting to do in my nursery.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...